Just every relationship is different from the other and has its own taste and style; every cake has its own thing. And it depends on what the occasion is, what the flavour is, who is baking the cake, and what recipe is being followed.
So, here, we are sharing with you a detailed and worthy recipe to bake and decorate a delicious and beautiful-looking red velvet anniversary cake. Even if you have not tied your hands at baking, your anniversary is surely the occasion that you should start with because your partner will definitely appreciate and love your thoughtfulness and efforts.
The reason why we have picked the red velvet flavour is that this flavour represents love and romance both from its colour appearance and its smooth yet mesmerising taste. Even though people love to have flavours like chocolate and black forest for their wedding anniversary cakes, red velvet flavours is the one that gets the most number of orders.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preparing the Red Velvet Cake:
- First, you should preheat the oven at 350°F (175°C).
- Take two 9-inch round cake pans . Grease & flour them properly.
- Pick a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Now you need a big mixing bowl. In the bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated.
- Add the buttermilk, red foold colouring, and vanilla extract. Mix until the batter is evenly colored.
- Keep mixing the batter while gradually putting in the dry ingredients until everything is well mixed.
- Stir in the white vinegar, ensuring it is fully incorporated.
- Pick the prepared cake pans and put in the batter in euqal quantity.
- Now place the pand in oven for 25-30 minutes. You can insert a toothpick in both cake pans before you put them to oven. It helps to know whether the cake is baked or not. If the toothpicks comes out clean, you are good to go!
- Remove the cakes from the oven and leave the pans to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pands and put them on a wire rack to cool promptly.
1. Making the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the butter and softened cream cheese in a medium size bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, slowly & steadily, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix it well until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
1. Assembling and Decorating:
- Place the cake layers on a serving plate. Spread cream cheese frosting evenly and delicately over the top.
- Carefully place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining cream cheese frosting.
- If desired, use a cake spatula to create a smooth finish on the sides and top of the cake.
- For an elegant touch, you can pipe decorative swirls or rosettes around the edges using a piping bag and your preferred piping tip.
- If you like, garnish the cake with fresh berries or sprinkle some cocoa powder on top for an extra touch of flavor and decoration.
- Finally, refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes to allow the frosting to set.
You have successfully baked and decorated a delectable Red Velvet Anniversary Cake.
This delightful dessert will surely impress your loved ones and make your anniversary celebration extra special with online cakes. The moist layers of red velvet cake, complemented by the smooth and tangy cream cheese frosting, create a harmonious blend of flavors that is simply irresistible.
So, go ahead and indulge in this scrumptious treat that not only pleases the taste buds but also pleases the eyes. Happy anniversary, and may your day be filled with love, joy, and delicious cake!