Pizza base made of whole wheat flour is a slightly healthier alternative as compared to pizza base made of maida. With people getting health conscious over time, one usually prefers to eat dishes that are healthy yet tasty. Whole wheat pizza base offers both, as it is tasty plus it packs all the health benefits of whole wheat flour in the pizza.
Making a whole wheat pizza base at home is a simple and easy task that doesn’t require extra hustle. On top of that, it also provides the consumer with all the health nutrients and benefits of whole wheat flour. You can even cook them in bulk and store them at home for later use. Let’s see how we can cook a whole wheat flour pizza base at home.
Table of Content
- Ingredients of Whole Wheat Flour Pizza Base
- Recipe for Whole Wheat Pizza
- Benefits of Whole Wheat Pizza Base
- Tips for making perfect Whole Wheat Pizza Base
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Flour Pizza Base
- 1 ½ Vikram Mills Fresh Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
Recipe for Whole Wheat Pizza Base
- Combine ¼ cup of Lukewarm Water, Instant Dry Yeast, and 1 tsp of Sugar in a bowl.
- Mix well, cover with a lid and keep it aside for five minutes.
- Combine 1 ½ cup Vikram Mills Fresh Wheat Flour, Yeast-Water mixture, Olive Oil, and Salt in a bowl.
- Knead it into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough slightly to remove any air bubbles and divide it into four equal portions.
- Roll the dough into a circle with a diameter of about 8 inches and prick each circle evenly using a fork.
- Place these pizza circles on a greased baking tray and bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes.
Benefits of Whole Wheat Pizza base
The whole wheat flour contains zinc and magnesium content which improves the insulin response in the body. Whole Wheat Pizza is a boon for all diabetic patients who are looking forward to having a healthy eating pizza option in their diet.
Improves the functioning of the brain
Nutrients present in whole wheat flour pizza base help in improving cognitive brain functions that also help in maintaining healthy skin. Having a whole wheat pizza base can also reduce the chances of arthritis and heart stroke.
Good source of protein
Whole wheat flour pizza is an excellent source of protein. Having it can help in building your body’s tissues and repairing damaged cells. It also provides the body with high protein content which can be healthy for children in their growth years.
Improves bone health
The phosphorus content in whole wheat flour pizza base helps in maintaining your bone health. It also helps in maintaining the tissue bones.
Rich in antioxidants
Vitamin B1 content in whole wheat flour pizza base acts as a powerful antioxidant that removes the toxins from the body.
Aids carbohydrate metabolism
Whole wheat flour pizza base can benefit the body by providing it with Vitamin B1 which is essential for glucose metabolism.
Reduce the risk of obesity
Though pizza is considered to be junk food but cooked at home with whole wheat flour makes it a healthy option. Made of whole wheat flour, it is rich in nutrients and fibre that lowers the risk of obesity.
Supports healthy digestion
The fibres present in whole wheat flour support healthy digestion in various ways. It gives bulk to stools and lowers the risk of constipation. Whole wheat fibre also acts as prebiotics that helps feed your gut bacteria which is important for healthy digestion.
Tips for making perfect Whole Wheat Pizza Base
- Knead the dough very well for at least ten minutes. Kneading helps in making the dough elastic and stretchable. It also develops gluten which gives structure to your baked goodies.
- Be mindful of never rolling out the pizza dough with rolling pins, instead, use your hands to shape it.
- Use a metal sheet or flat pans to bake the pizza base.
- Don’t drench the pizza base with pizza sauce.
- Cold fermentation provides better taste and flavor to the pizza base.
- Use a sensible amount of water while kneading the dough to avoid making a mess of the whole wheat flour.
- Oil the pizza base with some olive oil for better texture.
- Flatten the pizza dough according to your preference.
- If you wish to freeze the pizza base, then use oil to coat it.
Whole Wheat Flour Pizza base is healthy and makes for the perfect go-to cuisine for you and your family members. You can try out this recipe made of whole wheat flour that offers all the health benefits that usually don’t associate with the characteristics of a pizza base made of other ingredients. It jam packs all the healthy nutrients in a pizza base, ready to be eaten by you!!